Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teacher Training at ECC

I applied for two departments in a one of the most successful language school in Japan. I've got accepted in the department specialized in English lessons at office. They contract for lessons from a company and offer teaching positions to part time teachers. I took training for conversational class and am waiting for another training for TOEIC preparation class. I've got a job offer and will start teaching April 9th. The other department runs 175 language schools all over the country. I passed the first screening, took  training that would last six days - 3.5 hour each day, and failed the test on the fifth day. It's sad I missed further training opportunity but I'm pretty happy that I did my best.
Both training are eye-opening experiences. The reason is:
1. I got to know very ambitious charming women  with talent and nice personality.
2. The instructor on Hojin Department, which offers lessons at office- made us realize precious nature of teaching profession. Joe the trainer showed us techniques for eliciting from SS and maximizing SS's learning. Expectation is growing that I may regain my passion for teaching.
3. Mick, the second trainer, showed techniques that make lesson flow. I also learned to memorize things with images. More than teaching skills, I appreciate the training and the failed test showed my weakness in the most clear way.

No comments:

Post a Comment